exiledtoparadise

A rolling stone gathers no moss, but leaves a trail of busted stuff....DMB

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

This is the first chance I have had to sit and update...Wow..How much is involved in taking over a business. I love it though. Early mornings...Late nights...Its worth it! One good thing is that it is a relatively small operation. The customer base is very dedicated and so far...Loyal. This is a good thing!!! Of all the things that I have had to worry about, it has not been the customers. I know that it is going to take time to establish relationships with everyone...But I have had the chance to start with a few...Everyone has been very supportive and open to the change.
To give a little back ground on the business....The lab was started by C. R. Lait of Ft. Pierce, FL. He started the lab to service his retail optical stores. At one time C.R. had 6 retail opticals. A central lab is very justifiable with this many stores. Eye Care Center was formed to service only the retail stores....No outside work. C. R. Is 67 now...Ready to fish! He started selling the retail stores a few years ago, but decided to keep the lab. This would give him something to do when the fish were not biting!!! Well when all was said and done he owned no retail opticals...This opened the door for wholesale work. Being a smart business man as he is, the opticals that he sold...Entered into a contractual agreement to send his lab there work. This is good for me because these contracts were passed with the sale!!! I can keep the lights on!!! This month!!! The employees all stayed in place...There are only 6...Angelo, Mary, Carolyn, Kim, Reet & Deb. They are all great people...Very hard workers.
Really all I have had to do is bring the office up to date. The equipment was in bad need of service...The work that was leaving had some issues...Update office epuipment...Like I said the main concern for the last few years has been Red Snapper and Amberjack! At 67 it's time to enjoy life!!!
So at this point it is up to me...We average around 65 pair of glasses a day. My goal is to be at 100 by the end of the year. The next step is 120...Then new building. After that...the sky is the limit. I'm the only wholesale lab from Daytona to Ft. Lauderdale. So stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home